How do we use your personal data?
In providing your personal details, you consent to us using the data collected in order to meet our commitments to you and to provide you with the service you expect. We need your data for the following purposes:
- To create your personal account at Urban Surfer
- To process your orders via our online services
- To send you marketing offers such as newsletters and catalogues
- To contact you in the event of any problems with the delivery of your items
- To answer your queries and to inform you of new or changed services
- To notify the winners in competitions arranged online
- To analyse your personal data to provide you with relevant marketing offers and information
- To validate that you are of legal age for shopping online
We will only keep your data for as long as necessary to carry out our services to you or for as long as we are required by law. After this your personal data will be deleted. We cannot remove your data when there is a legal storage requirement, such as book-keeping rules or when there are other legal grounds to keep the data, such as an ongoing contractual relationship.
Find out more about your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998.
What are your rights?
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you. If your data is incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant, you can ask to have the information corrected or removed. Annually, you have the right to request written documentation on the personal information we have about you in our account files.
Who has access to the data?
We never pass on, sell or swap your data to third parties for marketing purposes outside Urban Surfer. Data that is forwarded to third parties, for example shipping agents in connection with the delivery of goods, is only used to meet urban Surfer’s commitments to you.
We use third-party cookies to collect statistics in aggregate form in analysis tools such as Google Analytics and Core Metrics. The cookies used are both permanent and temporary cookies (session cookies). The permanent cookies are stored on your computer or mobile device for no longer than 24 months.
In order to be able to offer you Klarna's payment options, certain aspects of your personal information will be passed, such as contact and order details. In order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
At Urban Surfer we use Adroll tracking cookies, tracking pixels and related technologies to provide our Services to our Customers. Cookies are small data files that are served by our platform and stored on your device. You can refuse consent to, or opt-out of cookies at any time, as explained in Your Choices and Opting-out of Interest-Based Advertising and Analytics below. For more information regarding data associated with cookies, please refer to Data Retention.
Data You or the Advertiser Provide
- Device Information
- Browser Data
- Activity on Advertisers’ Digital Properties
- Location Data
- Ad Data
Data Collected From Third Party Sources
- Campaign Performance Data
- Attribute Data
- Data from Advertising Partners
To Opt Out:
- Instructions on how to opt out of receiving targeted (personalized) advertising. See AdRoll's opt-out article for an example.
- An opt-out link/third-party tool is strongly recommended. Some available third-party opt-out tools include: the Digital Advertising Alliance, the Network Advertising Initiative, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (Europe only).